SENIOR DIETITIAN - MENTAL HEALTH
ILLAWARRA SHOALHAVEN LOCAL HEALTH DISTRICT
WOLLONGONG, NSW, 2500
Senior Dietitian - Mental Health
Permanent Full Time
Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District
Dietitian Level 3
$1,782.34 - $1,842.00
Number of FTE
Purpose of Position
The Level 3 Mental Health Dietitian:
works within the Nutrition and Dietetics department providing high level of clinical expertise and knowledge in the area of mental health. The position provides services for complex consumers and participates in service development and improvement for inpatient units at Wollongong and Shellharbour hospitals.
is able to demonstrate high level reasoning skills and can operate autonomously as required.
is able to provide clinical services to client groups and circumstances of a complex nature requiring advanced practice skills. They are also responsible for the clinical supervision and support of Level 1, 2 health professionals, technical and support staff.
will be based at the Wollongong and Shellharbour Hospitals and is involved with the planning, implementation, evaluation and reporting on clinical nutrition services across the sites. They may be required to provide services at other sites in the district.
An opportunity exists for a senior clinician to expand their career and develop a mental health service in the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District.
Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
An eligibility list will be created for future temporary and permanent full-time and part-time positions.
Please note: Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
Criminal record checks will be undertaken on successful applicants. This position is designated as child-related employment and you will be required to obtain a Working With Children clearance from the Office of the Children’s Guardian.
1. Tertiary qualifications in Nutrition and Dietetics and eligible for full membership of the Dietitians Association of Australia.
2. Recent and extensive postgraduate clinical dietetics experience including mental health or related field.
3. Excellent negotiation, decision making and advocacy skills including the ability to interact constructively and collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders, throughout all organisational levels.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to initiate, lead, complete and share quality improvement and service evaluation processes.
6. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and to apply advanced reasoning skills and independent professional judgement when dealing with situations of a novel, complex or critical nature.
7. Demonstrated ability to provide in-depth advice and education to enhance service delivery and to guide and support others in providing service excellence including provision of clinical supervision to staff and/or students.
8. Current NSW Class C driver's licence.