DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL
THE LORNA HODGKINSON SUNSHINE HOME
HORNSBY, NSW, 2077
Direct Support Professional – Respite Service
Job Ref Number: 16071
• Hornsby Location
• Part Time role with huge career development opportunities
• Up to $25.72/Hour (Depending on Experience) + NFP tax benefits, super and shift loadings
Who we are
Sunshine is a not for profit organisation that has been operating since 1924. We are passionate and committed to creating possibilities for people with a disability to live, grow & develop their own best life, while having fun, enjoying our job within a great company environment.
What’s the role about?
We are seeking vibrant, proactive and motivated people for our Respite service in the Hornsby area. At respite no two days are the same, we strive to meet the needs of both the person being cared for and the primary carer. You can make a difference by providing and facilitating support to our clients and their families, ensuring a positive, relaxed and beneficial experience for all, providing at the same time living skills training, personal care, health and wellbeing, recreation and community integration. We encourage you to be creative and explore different ways to support people to grow into their full potential.
Our ideal candidate
As an ideal candidate, you will have a passion for supporting people and thrive on building relationships with the people they support. In addition, you will have the following skills and attributes:
• Has availability and flexibility to work different shifts which may include sleepovers, weekends, evening shifts & split shifts;
• Is looking to start or continue a career in the disability industry. Previous experience is not essential, only a drive to work with people and a passion to support others;
• Has excellent communication skills, is enthusiastic and has a positive attitude.
• Has proficient computer skills, in particular competence in using Microsoft Outlook and Word.
• Is reliable, takes initiative and is adaptable to a fast paced and changing environment.
All our staff are required to hold a NSW driver’s license (P2/full), a current Working with Children Check and First Aid Certificate (or be willing to apply for one). As we work with vulnerable people, the successful candidate will also be required to undergo a Police Check.
At Sunshine we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We are committed to offer a friendly place to work and a genuine, supportive team environment to grow, with a wide range of training and experienced leaders to guide you. We want to provide a ‘life changing’ experience not only for our clients but for all the people that work with us.
If this sounds like the right place and position for you, please submit a copy of your profile by clicking on the apply link below.
Sunshine is an equal opportunity employer and provides a smoke free environment.