ARE YOU A SUPPORTIVE, TALENTED COOK? WE WANT YOU!
ALEXANDRIA, NSW, 2015 FULL TIME
At Sonoma, we take our food and coffee as seriously as we take our bread. So, if you have a passion for all things coffee and food, then this is the place for you!
— Great rates for the right people
— Flexible hours
— Training provided
— Opportunities to grow within the business
Sonoma Baking Company is one of Sydney's original and premier artisan sourdough bakeries. Our business is built on humble beginnings, quality products and uncompromising standards.
Here's what a day as a Sonoma Cook looks like:
- Set kitchen up for Service every shift regardless of which section you are working on
- Ensure all menu items are executed and served efficiently to Sonoma standard
- Liaise with front of house team on all orders
- Supervise the Kitchen Assistants and oversee the execution of preparation and delivery of menu items
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment is maintained and serviced as required
- Ensure service area is always clean and set in an orderly fashion
- Ensure that the Kitchen Assistants adhere to the store's cleaning roster by ensuring that all tasks are completed to standard and carried out within the time period designated
- Support the Kitchen Team Leader/Manager in maintaining stock levels and ensuring that purchases are made as required. In kitchens where there is no TL or Manager present, the Cook is responsible for this task.
- Ensure that all stock on hand is correctly labeled and stored
- Ensure that all stock is rotated and that old stock is used appropriately.
- Participate in, promote & uphold the philosophy & principles of Sonoma
- Understand and support the policies and procedures of the organization
- Develop and maintain an extensive knowledge of all Sonoma menus and products
- Ensure that you understand safety procedures and that safety issues, incidents and potential hazards are identified and reported.
- Abide by systems and procedures in place so that all employees and suppliers operate in a zero harm environment.
- Assist with preparation of quality/WQA & HACCP audits when required
- Identify opportunities for best practice and continuous improvement and communicate these effectively with the Café Manager and team.
We pay fantastic rates for the right people! Ongoing training will be provided with great career progression within the business.
Our ideal new Cook will have:
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar position
- An ability to demonstrate that you are an organized, supportive problem-solver with an ability to build relationships
- Availability on weekends and public holidays
- Customer focused with clear communication skills
- An ability to adapt, work under pressure and take direction
- A hard working & enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Eye for detail and cleanliness
If this sounds like you and you're looking to contribute to the success of a growing company, we look forward to receiving your Workible profile and cover letter!