ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL - ALBION PARK PUBLIC SCHOOL
I WORK FOR NSW,
WOLLONGONG, NSW, 2500 FULL TIME, PART TIME
Location Illawarra & South Coast
Advertisement Number A900075644
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $121,778.00. This position attracts a base salary of $109,867.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Albion Park Public School
Principal Network Wollongong
Staffing Area Shellharbour
Closing Date 07-Dec-2016, 1:00:00 PM
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Albion Park Public School has an anticipated enrolment of 432 in 2017 including two support classes and 22 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students. The school has a mix of experienced teachers and beginning teachers and are supported by an active and involved parent body that encompass the ideals of “Share, Learn and Grow. The school supports programs in Reading Recovery, L3, sports, technology, Focus On Reading, TOWN, debating and public speaking and choir and student welfare. The strategic directions in the school plan include, Literacy and Numeracy, Curriculum and Assessment and School Culture. The school has been identified as a “Bump It Up” school and will be working towards meeting set targets in the next 3 years.
The school is actively involved in the Albion Park CoS and works in partnership with its neighbouring schools.
Specific Selection Criteria
In addition to the general selection criteria, approval to teach infants and/or primary with recent outstanding leadership and teaching experience in stage 3.
Clear understanding of the Literacy and Numeracy continuums and a proven capacity to collect and utilise data effectively to inform teaching and learning programs as well as meeting Departmental and Premiers priorities.
Demonstrated capacity to lead, mentor and inspire early career teachers as well as experienced teachers through utilisation of the Performance Development Framework and the Australian Professional Standards.
Demonstrated ability to lead, organise and coordinate sporting and PSSA teams and a willingness to coordinate debating teams.
Demonstrated ability to initiate and lead innovative curriculum programs that support inquiry and visible learning and effective use of technology through BYOD programs.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies