ARE YOU A COFFEE-LOVING CAFE 2IC? WE WANT YOU!
BONDI, NSW, 2026 FULL TIME
At Sonoma, we take our food and coffee as seriously as we take our bread. So, if you have a passion for all things coffee and food, then this is the place for you!
— Great rates for the right people
— Flexible hours
— Training provided
— Opportunities to grow within the business
Sonoma Baking Company is one of Sydney's original and premier artisan sourdough bakeries. Our business is built on humble beginnings, quality products and uncompromising standards.
Here's what a day as a Sonoma 2IC looks like:
- Manage day-to-day running of a cafe retail store
- Ambassador style, above and beyond customer service
- Passionate approach to product knowledge
- Assisting in all areas of the store (essential)
- Ensure all Sonoma processes are followed
- Maintain retail log books and check lists
- Manage stock and daily ordering
- Lead and motivate a team to deliver the best service
- On-going advice and training of staff in accordance to Sonoma guidelines
We pay fantastic rates for the right people! Ongoing training will be provided with great career progression within the business.
Our ideal new 2IC will have:
- 2-3 years experience in a similar position
- Rapport building skills (essential)
- Prior experience with cafe equipment
- Fiscal literacy – understanding of store costing (targets, wages and etc)
- Assist with rostering and staffing
- Extensive experience front facing barista skills
- Availability on weekends and public holidays
- Customer focused with clear communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Hard working & enthusiastic attitude
- Natural 'seller' mentality
- Eye for detail and cleanliness
If this sounds like you and you're looking to contribute to the success of a growing company, we look forward to receiving your Workible profile and cover letter!